Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diaper cakes

We are halfway through the week and the madness begins tomorrow. Tomorrow, the banana blitz cupcake making begins and I start my orders for the weekend as well. There are still a few more hours to get in orders if anyone reading is interested.

My post today is more for my own amusement than anything else. First off, the grilled cheese debate has been decided by a combination of Rachael Ray and DirectTV. I would just like to say...I win!! My girls were upstairs and I was cleaning up in the kitchen and it was quiet. I thought it would be a good time to turn on the TV and see what Rachael Ray was cooking up. This is super rare. There is very rarely a non-kids show on our television. Anyway, I digress...it had to be fate because she was cooking up, what else? Grilled cheese! She was cooking up 6 different sandwiches and throwing all kinds of things into those sammies. She still called them grilled cheese! Imagine that...I dare you to call Rachael Ray a liar! (P.S. The description on DirectTV called them grilled cheese also)

My second topic for today is the diaper cake. No, I am not going to try my hand at making them for 2 reasons. 1) I think they are a little silly and 2) I just don't think I could even do it. Anyway, my brother comes over to workout yesterday and walks right to my computer and says in a panicked tone, "I have to look up this website I saw on the back of this lady's car. I am so confused!" I asked him what it said and it said "Diaper Cakes by Stephanie". He was so baffled and disgusted and I started laughing because, of course, I knew what he was talking about right away. Any girl who has been to a baby shower recently knows what they are. This conversation led to a lengthy one at dinner between Kyle, Casey and me. I had to spend some time explaining the diaper cake idea to them and they had to spend a LONG time telling my why that was the dumbest thing they had ever heard. So...what's your take on the diaper cake?

Time for me to go. Bella has her first night of Club L3 at church tonight. She is pretty excited to hang out with the big kids in the gym. Have a good night, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment