Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Busier than I thought!



My little helper


Pumpkin spice cupcakes with brown sugar buttercream


Cinnarum


Cocoa Banana


I am sitting here typing when I should be baking!! I am going to be very busy with orders again this weekend and I could not be more excited. I will be doing cupcakes for a baby shower on Saturday, a couple of grandparent's day orders and I thought I would sell my overflow of cupcakes from these orders and that far exceeded my expectations. The flavors for this weekend are pumpkin spice, chocolate champagne, red velvet and lemon raspberry. This isn't going to give me time to work on the new flavors I have been dreaming up but there is always next weekend.


Some of the cupcakes I am doing for this weekend are pumpkin flavored which just gets me all excited for Fall! Nothing makes your house smell better than something "Fallish" in your oven! While I am feeling inspired for the season, I think I am going to try my hand at some fondant shapes. I have tried fondant in the past and I was not overly thrilled with it. However, I have high hopes this time. I am going to start small with some leaves as toppers for my pumpkin cupcakes. I found a new fondant recipe that uses marshmallows which sounds good to me. Who doesn't love marshmallows?? Anyway, wish me luck with that!


I guess I had better be going. 9 dozen cupcakes by Friday morning is a lot and then you add a 4 and a 2 year old to the mix and look out!! I hope everyone is having a great day! Before I go though, today is grocery list and meal planning day. It is actually one of my favorite things to do during the week...don't judge, I realize it is sort of sad. This week, I am drawing a blank...any dinner ideas for me? Have a great day, everyone!

























2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me Lyndsay because you so know how I love the kitchen, NOT! You are very talented at what you do and I'm always excited to try out your new creations. Bella and Kendall are so privileged to have you as their mommy to learn so much from and just to have fun with you in the kitchen. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't decide which is our favorite cupcake. I guess we will still have to keep sampling all of them! That goes for the cakes and cookies too!

    ReplyDelete