Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An apple a day...

Chocolate whoopie pie with mint cream

Pumpkin Spice

Peppermint Patty


So many cookies!!


How about 20 pounds of apples a day?? No, I am not going to eat 20 pounds of apples. The special for K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe this week is a dozen cupcakes with a free jar of apple butter. With more than 15 dozen cupcakes to make and 7 orders for apple butter only...well, you can see that means a lot of apple butter! It takes 12+ hours to cook but it is delicious and the smell in the house is heavenly!! With all this talk of apple butter, I may just have to keep some for myself!

I have been toying with some new flavor ideas lately. There was a pumpkin shortage for Libby's last season and that meant no pumpkin. Most local grocery stores are still not carrying canned pumpkin. However, I have found that Trader Joe's sells their own brand at a reasonable price so the pumpkin is flowing for the sweet shoppe. I have come up with a couple of new flavors that include pumpkin. I also tried a new cookie flavor: cranberry and white chocolate chip. I am not a big cranberry person myself, but I thought the cookies were very good! Some of my Facebook followers have suggested a couple of new flavors for me to try and I am hoping to get some time in the next couple of weeks to come up with a recipe for some of the ideas. What about you? Any flavors or specials you would like to see?

I will leave you with this. The next two weeks, my oldest daughter will be out of preschool for Fall break. Today, we were talking about different activities we want to do while she is on break. We came up with many ideas but her top priority is to make a pumpkin pie. With all of my baking, I have never made a pumpkin pie. Any tips? Also, share with me. What are some Fall inspired activities you will be doing? Thanks for reading. Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. The cinnamon crumb cupcakes were awesome! Can't wait to eat some apple butter!

    ReplyDelete